Guaranteed Investment Certificates
When you can afford to invest some capital for a period of time and still have enough cash left to tide you over, then guaranteed investment certificates (GICs) are a very attractive option.
|Terms available||90 days to 5 years|
|Eligibility to a registered plan||Yes|
|Access to capital||Not cashable|
Terms less than 1 year: interest paid at maturity
|Terms||20 months||35 months||5-year|
|Eligibility to a registered plan||RSP, TFSA, RRIF|
|Access to capital||No possibility of repurchase before maturity.|
Check out all our rates.
This investment product is suited for you if:
- You seek an investment vehicle that protects the initial amount of your investment;
- You prefer to be aware of your return from the outset;
- You do not expect to need your invested capital for the duration of the term;
- You seek stable revenue.
This investment product is not suited for you if:
- You anticipate the need to access your capital on short notice.
Legal Notice and Special Offer Terms
LBC: Laurentian Bank of Canada LBCFS: LBC Financial Services Inc.
1. Some conditions apply. Promotional rates may be modified or cancelled at any time, without prior notice. These offers may not be combined with any other offer or promotion, or any other benefit for the same type of investment (product). GICs are not cashable. Simple interest is paid on terms of less than two years. Clients have a choice of simple or compound interest on terms of two years or more. Simple interest is calculated and paid annually. Compound interest is calculated and capitalized annually, and paid at maturity. Individuals residing outside of Quebec who do not currently hold a Laurentian Bank of Canada investment product are not eligible for this offer. This product is eligible for registered and non-registered plans. This product is eligible for deposit insurance from the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), up to the maximum limit for coverage from the CDIC, and subject to applicable conditions. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. For more information, call 1-844-494-0076 or contact your advisor.
Existing investment accounts are offered by Laurentian Bank of Canada (“Laurentian Bank”) or LBC Financial Services Inc. (“LBCFS”). LBCFS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laurentian Bank and a separate entity from Laurentian Bank, B2B Trustco and all other issuers or mutual fund companies whose products it distributes. Newly opened investment accounts must be LBCFS accounts. A Laurentian Bank advisor is also a licensed LBCFS mutual fund representative. LBCFS’s liability is limited to the conduct of its representatives in the performance of their duties for LBCFS.