New Assur-PaymentTM program
For your peace of mind and well-being
Accessible peace of mind
The Assur-paymentTM program, offered as a Laurentian Bank Visa* Card option, combines insurance,1 advice and well-being to provide you and your loved ones with support when you need it most. It also provides health and wellness assistance services to help you in your day-to-day life.
- Be aged 18 to 64 inclusively
- Be a resident of Canada
- Be the holder or joint holder of a Laurentian Bank Visa card
Coverage when you need it most
- Keep your peace of mind:
Assur-paymentTM combines life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability and job loss insurance to protect you: Coverage of your minimum monthly Visa card payment if you lose your job or become disabled,2 and settlement of your Visa card balance in the event of death or accidental dismemberment.
- Easy enrolment: No medical exam required.
- Payment based on the balance: The monthly premium is calculated based on the balance.
Maximum insured amount: $15,000
Maximum monthly benefit: $750
Health and wellness assistance services3
To identify, evaluate and adhere to your budget or find solutions to your financial concerns.Financial concerns?
There are experts here to help you. With the improved Assur-paymentTM program, you have access to budgeting advice to get your peace of mind back.Get your personal finances in order
- The financial expert can help you get your finances in order by establishing a budget, reviewing repayment options, or setting up a methodical debt repayment program.
- Not sure what a FICO score is?
The expert can help you improve your credit rating and ensure your credit file is accurate and working for you.
- Coping with a life transition?
If you’re struggling with an illness or disability, job loss or job transition, separation or divorce, or imminent retirement, this service can help you.
To assist you through legal issues.
If you are living through a separation or a landlord-tenant dispute and don’t know who to turn to, or if you want to find a lawyer for advice or legal representation, the Assur-paymentTM program can help you. Our Legal Advisory Services can guide you through the whole process.
For fully confidential listening and advice.
When the going gets tough, help is much appreciated. The psychological support service offered with the Assur-paymentTM program provides fully confidential listening and advice.
For support following the loss of a loved one or to overcome difficult situations such as a layoff or the end of a relationship.
Everyone has to mourn at some time. The loss of a loved one can be especially painful, and the grieving process is complex. The grief and loss support specialists available under the Assur-paymentTM program provide support and resources to those who have lost a loved one or are seeking to overcome a difficult time such as a layoff or the end of a relationship.
In short, this product is for you if:
- You seek peace of mind at all times
- You want to improve your health
- You don’t want to dip into your savings or those of your beneficiaries to pay off your credit card balance in the event of disability or death
- You want to make life simple for those in charge of your estate and avoid the bother of an unpaid credit card balance.
TM Trademark of Laurentian Bank of Canada.
* Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under licence.
1. Some conditions apply. Assur-paymentTM protection for Laurentian Bank Visa cards is issued by the Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services inc. To be eligible, you must be aged 18 to 64 inclusively at the date of application, live in Canada and hold a Visa account in good standing.
A monthly fee of $0.97 per $100 of balance used applies. Subject to change. For more details, refer to the summary of the insurance product and the insurance certificate available at branches or online at laurentianbank.ca.
2. Some conditions apply. Details in the summary of the insurance product and the insurance certificate available at branches or online at laurentianbank.ca. A waiting period is applicable before benefit payments start: a) in the event of disability, 30 consecutive days for an insured who worked at least 20 hours of paid work in each of the four weeks preceding the beginning of the disability, and 90 consecutive days for successive periods of disability; b) in the event of loss of employment, 30 consecutive days following job loss.
3. Offered by Homewood Health Inc.