At last the day has arrived when you finally achieve your goal: to take possession of your new home. Just four more steps to complete and the keys are yours. All you’ll have left to do is celebrate and move in! (Or vice-versa.)
- Down payment and disbursements
- You must turn these over to your notary. The disbursements include legal and registration fees, municipal tax adjustments and other related expenses.
- Breakdown of the mortgage loan
- We’ll take care of sending this to the notary.
- Signing the deeds of loan and sale
- Your notary will verify the validity of the titles and prepare the necessary documents for you to sign.
- Registration of your property
- Your notary or lawyer (for Ontario residents) will register the property in your name, will pay the vendor and will finally hand over the deeds.
Now that you’re a homeowner, what's next? The answer is obvious: enjoy your new nest. But don’t forget to think about your future!
We have just the tools you need >>>