Get the best of both worlds.
It's about performance with peace of mind. Reap the rewards of stock market returns with the comfort of knowing your principal is 100% guaranteed.
Choose from our ActionGICs.
Canadian Sustainability ActionGIC
- Invests in publicly traded Canadian companies with a focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- For investors seeking high returns and who want to be socially responsible.
Quebec Performance ActionGIC
- Invests in publicly traded Quebec-based companies, including various sectors such as financial services, technology and consumer goods.
- For investors who want to support the Quebec economy while earning a high return.
Blue Chip ActionGIC
- Invests in large, publicly traded Canadian companies with a proven track record of strong growth.
- For investors who want to invest in stable Canadian companies and are looking for high-return potential.
Invest in the stock market without the risk.
Potential for high returns.
Your principal remains 100% guaranteed. Plus, you have the potential for higher returns than with a fixed-rate GIC.
One GIC, many companies.
Diversification is strength. That’s why we’ve carefully selected a portfolio of publicly traded Canadian companies with a track record for strong returns.
Eligible for Canada Deposit Insurance Coverage (CDIC) for added protection.
Get in on the action.
The following returns are not guaranteed and may be zero at maturity. The rates shown are the maximum rates of return.
Minimum investment amount: $500
Principal amount eligible for deposit insurance from the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
Interest can’t be claimed annually since the return amount isn’t known until maturity.2
For non-registered investments, interest is taxable in the year of maturity.
Access to funds
Non-redeemable.3 The principal and interest, if applicable, will be paid at maturity.
Registered or non-registered? You decide.
- Eligible for registered plans such as TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, LIRA and LIF.
- Interest income earned in a registered plan is tax-sheltered.
- Interest income earned in a non-registered account is taxable.
- No contribution limits or age restrictions.